After loads of searching, even in Belgium and France, we’ve finally found a place to hold the tournament at!
The Mad Hatter 3 tournament will be held from Saturday January 28th to Sunday January 29th at:
Jeugdverblijf Heywijck in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium.
The building is a youth center, placed in a woody area on the edge of the town of Sint-Niklaas, which is about an hour’s travel by public transport from Brussels Airport. The following will be present:
- Beds for 42 people (although the tournament is capped at 32)
- The beds are only provided with linen and a pillow, so be sure to bring a sleeping bag!
- There will be 3-6 beds in any given room, so don’t expect a private room. There are also some bunkbeds.
- A fully supplied kitchen
- We are in talks with a catering company, that will provide us with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Two bathrooms, providing a total of five showers and nine toilets.
As some of you will be arriving a day early, the venue will be open from Friday afternoon, January 27th, providing dinner. In total, the package will provide:
- Friday dinner
- Friday-Saturday bed to sleep in
- Saturday breakfast
- Saturday lunch
- Saturday dinner
- Saturday-Sunday bed to sleep in
- Sunday breakfast
- Sunday lunch
Together with my contact in Belgium, Peter van Lijsebetten, we are currently trying to keep the costs of the total package within the 150 to 180 euro range.
Of course I’ve also looked into hotels and the like to provide some more comfort, but was totally unable to stay below the 200 euro cost range on only venue and food costs alone.
While we are still in talks with the catering company, I’d like to start the registration. This will happen via this form. The registered players will be entered into this Longshanks event.
More information on payment and exact times will be provided at a later date. If there are any questions about the location, transport, or anything else, please hit me up on Discord or via Facebook, or send me an email via the Longshanks messaging system.