Hey all, Hat here.
As you can see from the title of the post, it’s that time again. The third installment of the Mad Hatter tournament is coming #soon. The working date for now is January 28th and 29th, 2023. The tournament will be held at Hotel Schiphol in the Netherlands.
For now, the tournament will have a maximum of 32 entries, with options of going to 48 if needed. But there’s a chance it’ll not go over 24. This is what the below poll is for – to give me an estimate on how many of the community will be coming over to our flat little country by the sea.
Depending on attendance, the timetables will change – more information will come soon when I myself know more as well. I will try to have the hall open for Friday-night on the 27th as well, and to keep the hall open on Saturday-night for friendly games or other activities.
Some more information on the tournament itself:
- The ruleset for the tournament will be the GBCP 4.5 errata.
- Players can bring their Guild Ball models, but proxies are allowed as well as long as they are 100% recognizable as to which model they represent.
- The tournament will not only have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, but the TO’s will also keep a tally on the following statistics for prizes:
- Most goals
- Most snapshot goals
- Most goals by a mascot
- Most take-outs
- Most 1VP take-outs
- Most ring-outs
- Most take-outs by a mascot
- Quickest Game
- Best Painted Team
- Best Painted Goal
- The tournament will adhere to the Organised Play Document.
That’s all for now. I know, it’s not much to go on, but we’re still in the early stages of planning. I’ll keep you all updated with new information!
Hope to see you there!